So, I've decided that since these babies want to play games and be all crazy unpredictable, I'm at least going to have some fun with it while they're in there. So, I'm starting a baby birthday pool!
Here's what you should know before you make a guess:
1) I've been having irregular contractions for 2 weeks and was 2-3 cm dilated a week and a half ago.
2) Induction is scheduled for Friday, November 2, but if the babies aren't positioned properly, they'll send me back home to wait a few more days. I also have no idea what time I'll be going in and won't know until about 7:30-8:00 am Central European Time.
3) If we don't induce on the 2nd, I'll go back in a few days later--probably on November 7th, though it hasn't been scheduled yet.
4) There can be some correlation between how long your mother was in labor and how long you'll be in labor. My mom was in active labor with both my sister and I for around 27 hours each time.
So, even though I'm scheduled for an induction, there are a lot of variables that make the date of their birth unpredictable! Here are the rules for making a guess in the pool:
1) Since there are two babies being born, you'll get two guesses and two chances to win! So, pick a date and time of birth for each baby. You can keep both guesses in the same comment, but be sure to be specific about which baby goes with which date and time. Example: Baby A November 4th at 8:00 am, Baby B November 4th at 8:15 am.
2) You must place your guesses in the comments section of this blog post. That will make it a million times easier for me when I'm finding the winner than having to search through comments here, and on Facebook, and Twitter.
3) All guesses must be in by midnight CET on Thursday November 1st, which with the time zone and our recent time change, I believe is 7 pm EST and 4 pm PST. (Time zones are so confusing!) If by some chance I go into labor before then, all of the guesses up until I make a birth announcement will be valid--I don't plan on letting the world know when I'm heading into the hospital.
4) We're using Price is Right rules, so the winner will be the person who gets the closest without going over! So, there is a good chance there will be two winners (unless you're a super awesome, amazing guesser that happens to get them both right).
And what will the winner get? Why a delicious assortment of German treats! I can't promise I'll get it in the mail the next day or anything, but eventually you'll get a package filled with German chocolates, gummis and other yummy local deliciousness!
There's a pretty good chance I'm missing some important point or rule--I just woke up from a nap and I've never created a baby betting pool before. But let me know if you have any questions and I'll answer you in the comments so everyone can see the answer.