For some background on my decision to create and (hopefully!) complete a 30 before 30 list, check here. Completed items are in red.
1) Learn to speak German--at least enough for basic conversation. (Changed this one from French to German for logistical purposes!)
2) Climb to the top of the Eiffel tower, eat macarons at the Laduree on Rue Royale, stroll through the Louvre, see the water lilies at Giverny. In short—go to France. (Finished August 2011)
3) Travel to at least five new countries. (Spain, Malta and Greece--December 2010; France, Germany and Austria--August 2011)
4) Ride in a hot air balloon.
5) Run a 10K. (Cooper River Bridge Run, April 2 2011)
6) Complete my Masters degree. (Masters of Education in Elementary Education through Grand Canyon University, October 2010)
7) Have another story or article published.
8) Read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. (Finished January 2012 and February 2011 respectively)
9) Finish writing a novel.
10) Suck the head. No, not like THAT! Like this. (James Island County Parks Cajun Fest, April 2011)
11) Place a bet in Sin City. (Life changes, not gonna happen. Maybe we'll go to Monaco instead!)
12) Go fishing!
13) Geaux to an LSU football game. (LSU vs Tennessee, October 14 2011)
14) Volunteer. (Tour guide downtown.)
15) Organize all of our digital photos in scrapbooks or albums.
16) Learn how to sew and make a piece of clothing that I’m proud to wear in public.
17) Toast with a glass of Dom Perignon.
18) Read the entire Bible, cover to cover, without skipping the boring bits.
19) Go to the Guggenheim. (Finished February 2012)
20) Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. (I was constantly foiled by bad weather every time we made an attempt to walk the bridge, and I know I won't be back in NYC before December 2012. Oh well, gives me something to look forward to!)
21) Get a second piercing on my ears. (Finished February 2012)
23) Go to a Starbucks drive through and pay for the order for the car behind me. (Finished March 2012)
24) Learn to make my mom’s spaghetti sauce so that it actually tastes like my mom’s spaghetti sauce. (The trick is to avoid lean meat AT ALL COSTS!)
25) Attempt surfing. Not the net—the waves! (I'd still love to try surfing some day, but it's not going to be any time in 2012.)
27) Take a cooking class. (Completed in Barcelona on December 4, 2010.)
28) Buy a bike and relearn how to ride it. (Well, I successfully relearned how to ride a bike and cycled around France, and we've inherited Colby's old bike. Close enough!)
29) Take a spinning class 3 times a week for at least one month.