Well, don't I just feel like a fancy pants! Molly from A Foreign Land has awarded me the adorably (and in my current environs, aptly) named Liebster Award! I actually had another bloggy friend award this to me a couple months back, but it was when I was in the midst of moving insanity and I completely dropped the ball on passing it along. So, I'm super thrilled that Molly has given me a redo!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the very strict rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer your assigned questions and create 11 new questions for the people you tag
3. Choose 11 people/blogs and link to them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Things About Me:
1) Over the course of 29 years, I've lived in 6 states and 2 countries--Oklahoma, Virginia, Louisiana, Arkansas, Washington South Carolina, and currently, Germany.
2) I lived in Louisiana for 17 of those years, so the other 12 years of my life have consisted of moving pretty frequently. I haven't made it to three years living in one place since I graduated from college in 2004.
3) I was an officer in the Air Force for 2 1/2 years.
4) I have a very serious chocolate addiction. If it's in the house, I will eat it. All of it.
5) I've been blogging for SEVEN YEARS. I've never stuck with anything this long.
6) I never really considered myself a runner, but I ran my first 10K in 2011 and my first half marathon in 2012. I gave up running when I got pregnant, and I find that I really, really miss it. So, I guess I'm a runner.
7) I have two of the most adorable pups on the planet. They've been my loyal companions for the past seven years, and help any new place feel like home. If I ever got lost in a time vortex, they'd probably be my Constants.
8) My favorite book and movie is Gone with the Wind. I read my grandmother's copy for the first time when I was eleven, and it was love at first read. As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that it certainly glamorizes the antebellum South more than it deserves, but I still think Scarlett is one of the most fascinating, dynamic characters ever created.
9) I have my bachelors in English Literature and a Masters in Elementary Education... I'm sure those'll come in handy some day...
10) I have a hair color commitment problem.
11) I really hate feet. I never, ever wear open-toe shoes unless I'm going to the beach and on a few occasions when a formal dress just wouldn't work with pumps. One of my favorite things about Germany is how almost everyone here wears real shoes instead of the ubiquitous flip flop.
11 Questions from Molly:
What was the last movie you saw in a theater? The Dark Knight Rises
What do you want to be when you grow up? A mom
What would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike bar? Pay for it.
Superman, Batman or Iron man? Superman and Batman have way too much angst. Ironman.
How many brothers and sisters do you have and where are you in the birth order? Two older sisters, one younger. I'm in the middle, but my older sisters are 10 and 12 years older and didn't live with us, so I grew up feeling like the oldest most of the time.
What is your favorite season? Fall
Are you more of an early riser or a night owl? Night owl
How did you come up with the name of your blog? Gone with the Wind! It's a very uplifting thought when times are hard. Today might suck balls, but you'll survive and tomorrow will still come.
What's one thing you've accomplished that you want to brag about? Go ahead! Brag! Hm, well, I'm pretty proud of the Masters degree and the half marathon, but since I already talked about those, I guess getting a short story published in a literary journal was pretty awesome.
What book are you reading right now? When Christ and His Saints Slept, Sharon Kay Penman
What would you consider your signature color? Clothingwise, probably blue/teal. Decorating, I gravitate towards yellow an awful lot.
Tag You're It:
- What is your dream travel destination?
- What is your favorite place that you've traveled?
- What is your favorite physical quality about yourself?
- What is your favorite personality aspect of yourself?
- Backstreet Boys or NSync?
- Do you still keep in touch with your best friend from elementary school?
- Would you rather watch the movie or read the book?
- Where did you go on your first date?
- What's your favorite board game?
- Do you have a cooking "specialty"?
- Phone, text or email?